Buying A New Home
If you have decided to take the large leap and buy a house, there are many factors that come into play. Consider some of these points before you consider shopping the market:
- Are you ready / prepared to buy?
- What costs will be involved when moving?
- When is the best time to buy a property?
- Why are you moving?
- Are you in a hurry to move?
- Choosing the Right Agent is as important as chossing the right house - speak to me for tips
- Seek legal representation
- Organize your financial status
- Consider the effects of moving could have on your taxes
After you have considered the above topics, give me a call or send me a quick note with further questions or concerns. We can then set a time to sit down, have a chat and a cup of tea to discuss the options.
- I will provide with options for financing
- I will go over the disclosure issues re Agency
- I will explain what you can or cannot expect from a home inspector
- I am not here to just to push you in to the first home, I am here to provide you with enough information to make an intelligent decision
- Lifestyles and changes. Do you plan to have children? Do you have children that are moving away? Are you close to retirement?
- Needs vs. Wants. What features do you want from a home? What features do you need?
- Consider a neighbourhood you might like to move to
- View as many houses as possible
- When viewing, check for properly working appliances/fixtures
- Look at maintenance costs. Newer appliances or covered by warranty
- Search the neighbourhood for businesses within the area, ex. Schools, hospitals, malls, etc
- Arrange for home inspections
- Be an informed buyer. Some neighbourhoods have deed limitations
- You may be able to upgrade or choose certain items such as tiles, siding, floors, etc
The path of purchasing a new home can be difficult and confusing, but there are people who you can go to for help. Whether they help you figure a price limit that you can afford, or take you on tours of neighbourhoods and houses that interest you, all of these professions are important to the Buying/Selling process. Certain professionals that you might seek for help:
- Real Estate Agent
- Lender or Mortgage Broker
- Home Inspector
- Insurance Broker
- Land Surveyor
Patrick O'Donnell Personal Real Estate Corporation
Royal LePage Sussex
2397 Marine Drive, West Vancouver, V7V 1K9
Phone: 604-839-3863 and Fax: 1-866-757-8840
Email: email@example.com and Website: www.patrickodonnell.com